Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EC=DBAgent Error -(90) \"Database title is not in the pre-built table\

Status
Not open for further replies.

WtFiTp

Technical User
Sep 27, 2001
AU
The full error is: E8604 Failed to start backup. (DBName=database name), EC=DBAgent Error - (90)\"Database title is not in the pre-built table\)."

I have done some pretty intensive searching on the Vendor site in an attempt to identify this error message and the only ideas that that yielded were that it may be worth running the backup in debug mode. I have yet to try this.

I would appreciate any assistance that anyone can offer me.

Perhaps I can help if you share:

The OS version Arcserve runs on
The Arcserve version and patch level
The SCSI adapter model and firmware version
The tape drive model and firmware version
The TYPE of database you are backing up (MS-SQL 7, Exchange 5.5, etc.)
The LOG from the Arcserve database agent

Jim P. Ames
jimpames@hotmail.com

I have today got exactly the same error message, and can't find any notes about the problem at CA.

I installed the Cheyenne Backup Agent 2.0 for Lotus Notes on an ArcServe 6.5 (build 620).

To me it seems like the problem is the use of special characters in the database names.
In Denmark we have 3 special characters æ, ø and å, if they are in the name of the database (not the filename) the database has not been backed-up. Since this is mail-databases users would like to have their real name presented. The same problem seems to be the case if the database name includes an accent i.g. é (André Petersen). When selecting the databases via the Notes agent the name will be presented as Andr▌ Petersen, and when ArcServe then tries to take the backup, my impression is that it does not find the Database in a Table that has been created when the job is submitted.

I will appreciate if anybody has a solution or can assist me with this problem.

I have a similar error which i have still not managed to sort out.
E8604 Failed to start backup. (DBNAME=\databbase name, EC=EXCH Exchange Agent -- (402) "Exchange system error".)
I am running Arcserve 2000 SP2, using HP SureStore DLT 80 as the tape device trying to back up Exchange 5.5.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Check out the two FAQ that I wrote under DB Tips. They provide instructions on how to use the debug option to get a detail log that will assist you in pinpointing the problem.

If the FAQ helps please rate it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back