Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EC-500 assistance 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darthion

IS-IT--Management
Jan 27, 2006
US
I have spent several hours attempting to make the EC-500 function work. I have gone through the recommended setup. I have created the FACs as directed. Set the station mapping up from host phone to cell phone. Called the cell phone to ensure service is active. Traced the ARS of the cell phone number. And generaly followed all known troubleshooting tips in the manual from Avaya. Still does not work. Anybody out there willing to educate me?

What version of the PBX do you have? It is fairly simple for version 3 but 2.2 was a little more complicated.

CM Version : 2.1.1
Software Release : R012x.01.1.414.1
Can you help?

Darthion,

what exactly is not working?

p.s. stupid question: if you mean outbound calls to cellular, did you assign ec500 button to the principal phone and turn ec500 on?

Do you have the licenses for this feature?

Here's how I set up EC500:

-add off-pbx station
-enter extension in first field, "ec500" in second field, third field "dial prefix" is left blank, phone number of cell phone with area code, trunk selection is "ars", config set is "1"
-Add "EC500" button to station

HTH!

I do have the licenses and have set the FAC for enabling/disabling EC-500. I have also set the button on the telephone for this feature. The problem is this: When a call is made to the extension set up for ec-500, the caller hears ringing signal, the host telephone rings, but the cellular phone does not ring. I have tried three different cell vendors (Cingular, Sprint/Nextel, and Verizon) just to check compatability with the cell network.

I have set up the "off-pbx phone station mapping" correctly. I even monkeyed with the "off-pbx configuration set" settings to no avail. My thinking is to ask this question : Would not allowing calls to be "redirected off net" prevent the EC-500 from working?

What type of trunks are you using? You need to use ISDN-PRI trunks. I know mine didn;t work when I was routing calls over CO trunks.

I have a T1 for outgoing calls and the carrier medium is set as PRI/BRI; Group type is ISDN.

When I tried to set the trunk group in the "off-pbx station mapping" screen directly (as opposed to using ARS or AAR) the calls still did not go to the cell phone. any thoughts?

I have the EC500 working, but how do I get the caller-id to the cell phone as well?

Darthion,

try running list trace station and look what happens. if off-pbx station mapping is configured and ec500 button is turned on, system should make a call to cell phone simultaneously with ringing at the principal phone. you should see this in list trace.

Ok. I ran "list trace...." and discovered that it is attempting to place the call to the cellphone, but it is only dialing the first 8 digits NOT the full ten digits of the cell number. When I dial the cell number directly it shows the first eight, then on the next line down (in list trace screen) it shows the full ten digits. Both times it has pulled the same trunk group and even the same member of the trunk group. Why does it only send out the first eight digits?

Do you use location based ARS? If you do I might have an answer for you. There is a bug called a "wild write" condition that can cause this type of issue when EC500 is used in conjunction with multi location ARS tables.

Darthion,

at least some result. could you show the change off station screen?

I am using partition routing in conjunction with ars. I am wondering why I can dial the cellphone directly (and it goes through) but the system can not dial the cell phone number. I am at a total loss as to why. I am able to dial the cellphone using the 7 digit number (without area code)directly, but if I place only the 7 digit number in the "off-pbx station-mapping" screen, the system only dials the first four digits like it was an internal call. Any reason why that is?

dwalin: I can see the "change off-pbx station-mapping" screen. Are you asking me to show it here?

change off-pbx-telephone station-mapping 9999 Page 1 of 2
STATIONS WITH OFF-PBX TELEPHONE INTEGRATION

Station Application Dial Phone Number Trunk Config Extension Prefix Selection Set
9999 EC500 - 0123456789 ars 1

change off-pbx-telephone station-mapping 9999 Page 2 of 2
STATIONS WITH OFF-PBX TELEPHONE INTEGRATION

Station Call Mapping Calls Bridged
Extension Limit Mode Allowed Calls
9999 2 both all both

I changed the extension number and the cell phone munber to generic numbers for security reasons.

I have a AVAYA CM2.2 w/ Ec500 activated. Is there a way to pass the inbound caller ID to the cellphone?

Yes, under "cha x conf 1"

Assuming that is the set you use the cli setting is there

CONFIGURATION SET: 1

Configuration Set Description: Base with CLI
Calling Number Style: network
CDR for Origination: phone-number
CDR for Calls to EC500 Destination? y
Fast Connect on Origination? n
Post Connect Dialing Options: dtmf
Cellular Voice Mail Detection: none
Barge-in Tone? n
Identity When Bridging: principal

Of course your PRI/ISDN must be passing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back