Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ebay keeps crashing in Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbybrady456

Technical User
Oct 26, 2013
US
I'm running Firefox 26 and can't open Ebay. I've tried everything, emptied cache, temp files, cookies. Updated add ons and java, flash, etc. No luck. Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

It works for me in FF26.

Does it work in Internet Explorer or NOT?
Try Junk Removal Tool in case your issue is Malware (close browsers before running)
Link

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

No IE is crashing, won't work at all. My firefox is fine except for Ebay.

Follow the instructions in my first reply. Avast is not what I recommended and YES it does make a difference because NO, anti-virus doesn't detect everything.

Strike 1 for me.
Right click Firefox icon and choose Firefox Safe Mode. What happens with Ebay page?

If that works, then launch Firefox in regular mode and disable all add-ons and see what happens. If it works, start enabling one at a time and re-testing to see which is hosing Ebay.

IPreset and winsock reset might clean up things.

netsh int ip reset c:\ipreset.log

netsh winsock reset

Ed Fair
Give the wrong symptoms, get the wrong solutions.

tried everything you mentioned, no luck. I did notice I have something called ebaystatic.com at the bottom of the ebay page before it crashes. I looked it up but can't figure out if that's what's making it crash, ran MBAM, no luck. Thanks for your help.

Uninstall Firefox
Run CCleaner - both temp file cleanup and then registry cleanup (keep fixing until no more errors, save backup before each cleaning).
Reboot
Reinstall Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back