Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EBackOffice and Windows 2k SP4

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsf1200

MIS
Nov 20, 2002
US
Has anyone ran into any problems with EBackOffice after applying Win 2K Service Pack 4?

Hi gsf,
We were told not to user SP4 . ..
What release of backoffice you using?
What release of sql server you running?
Where abouts ( geographically ) are you?

Jeff

Windows 2000 Service Pack 4: Currently Not Certified by Epicor

Be advised that Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 has been verified to introduce issues with our eBackOffice products. This has been confirmed in some customer environments and in our own internal testing. At this point, we recommend you hold off installing the Service Pack on any production systems in your environment without significant testing in a controlled environment. We are currently in the testing phase with the Service Pack to understand the issues and what might be done to handle them.

That's basically what I found out on my end, not to install it but we have to because of MS security holes. I'm not in the group that supports the application, that's in someone else's lap now. I'm not sure what version of eBackoffice they have, I believe its the latest version, with SQL v7 at the latest sp. I'm in Ohio, cold and rainy.
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back