Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Easy way to program Time of Day in vectors 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bogie303

IS-IT--Management
Feb 18, 2011
US
i know I'll kick myself in the butt when I see some of your replies... can anyone tell me the "modern" way to program TOD in a vector? Let me explain... My call center has 3 departments... Sales, Service and Billing. Say they all operate at different times of day and day of week. Lets say I have a good reason to have 20 vectors for Sales. Now let’s say that Sales changed their operational hours. Instead of going in to 20 vectors and editing the times can I manage a tod schedule (something like a holiday table)out side of the vector in one place and refer to a tod table managed somewhere else. My goal is to be able to go to a single table to make a change opposed to changing 20 vectors. It would also be nice to put hours into a table in AM-PM opposed to military time and say we are open from 8am - 5pm and let the vectoring send the call to the closed message based on the implied closed time. Am as asking for too much here? :)

disp vector said:
3 goto step 8 if service-hours not-in table 6

display service-hours-table 16 said:
SERVICE HOURS TABLE:

Number: 16
Description: <name>
Use time adjustments from location:

MON TUE WED THU FRI
Start End Start End Start End Start End Start End
08:45 17:30 08:45 17:30 08:45 17:30 08:45 17:30 08:45 17:30
: : : : : : : : : :

SAT SUN
Start End Start End
: : : :

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Matt, thanks for taking the time to reply. I knew I saw this somewhere, but I was going down the path of Vector Variables and coming up empty handed. This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you and have a great weekend.!

Hi Matt,

Do you know what release of CM this came out in, as i hvae just tried this on CM3 system, and no jot commands not recognised.

Thanks

This was a CM 5.2.1 system. Sadly, I am not able to help with what version these featuresw were added at.

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

I know I have a R11 that does not have service-hours table, but a CM4 that does

Andy Backs
CBTS

The Call Center release must be at 4.0 or later for the service-hours table.

Susan
Muffins are just ugly cupcakes.

The way we used to do it (when we had CM3) was to call a "common vector" that did all the out-of-hours processing... so the 20+ vectors would all have a step in that called the "are we closed" vector which after some simple time-of-day checks would either play "sorry we are closed" and disconnect the caller or do a simple "return" which transferred control back to the calling vector to continue processing... Maybe not ideal but it certainly worked for us...

I have just tested this on a CM5 system, and it did'nt work, i then checked the call centre release and it is R3, how does that work, what determines the call centre release, as i thought it was just part of the general system operating system, and you would get what release is built into that release of CM.

Thanks

it is determined by the amount of money you pay Avaya

In other words it is possible to upgrade the CM and not upgrade the call center

Andy Backs
CBTS

ok thanks andy, so it basiclly determined via the license file.

Under "disp sys cust" look under the call center options to determine which version you have.
Code:
display system-parameters customer-options                      Page   6 of  10
                         CALL CENTER OPTIONAL FEATURES

Call Center Release: 3.0

Even though I am on CM 5.2.1 I still have call center release 3.0.

When is the last time you helped someone, just because you were able to?

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back