Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Easy way for daily backup reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

warlock0199

IS-IT--Management
Jun 18, 2003
ZA
Good day everybody

Does anyone know of an easy way to get a report for the backup servers? The info I need is as follow.

1. The backup server name.
2. The group name
3. The client name
4. The saveset name
5. And if the backup was successful or failed.

I have tried to use the completion report with NSRADMIN (this would have worked perfectly) but the format it gives you is unusable. I have about 60 backup servers to do a daily report on and it takes a lot of time to do the report everyday.

Any advice will be welcome.

how do you do the completition report? don't mind the format, I have only 1 server...

Okay go into your nsradmin and type the following:

show completion
print type:nsr group

and that is it. You can also pipe it into a text file if you want.

Have fun...

Hello!

Any who can help me with these questions.

Running Legato Networker Server on W2K

1. Report from legato 7.1.2 showing start and finished time for all mye disk/savesets for every server in group. The Backup Completed report in Legato shows only backuptime?

2. Report from Legato for all clients showing, group, storage node, schedule, retention time and more.

If possible a format to import into Excel.

Regards
Gjermund

Try man mminfo (if you are on Unix) or look at the command spec for mminfo if you are using Windows.
Something like:
mminfo -a -r "client, name, group, ssretent"
Not sure how you would get the Storage Node used off the top of my head.

Hello, i am going to try out some of the things mentioned here, also
1. Try installing Legato's backup reporter--i.e Networker operations manager etc. Needs licence manger installed also, check the install doc, you can install it on seperate system and connect to any networker server. It has some nice reports.
2. Bocada is nice for historic information but does nothing to give simple and usable reports that administrator needs day to day. Good thing is you can go back and check the status of reports after the current date and its SQL based.

Hello, i am going to try out some of the things mentioned here, also
1. Try installing Legato's backup reporter--i.e Networker operations manager etc. Needs licence manger installed also, check the install doc, you can install it on seperate system and connect to any networker server. It has some nice reports.
2. Bocada is nice for historic information but does nothing to give simple and usable reports that administrator needs day to day. Good thing is you can go back and check the status of reports after the current date and its SQL based.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back