Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Easy one? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi all,

This may be an easy one for you guys. I'm currently running Exchange 5.5 with Outlook 2000 as the client software. I just want to create a rule in Outlook to forward all messages to an Internet account that I have. I've created the rule (all received messages, forward to "suchandsuch@domain.com"). The rule seems straightforward and simple. The only problem is, I never receive any messages on my Internet account. Has anyone else ever come across this? I know the server itself is working fine, as I can send, receive and reply to emails. Thanks for your help.

Dave

is the rule set to run on all messages being recieved?? perhaps it wasn't turned on??

I maybe wrong but I believe you're using a client rule and client rule executes only if you have the mailbox open. Try this, open the mailbox and send a test mail to this mailbox. It should forward to the forwarded recipient. The best way to do is create a CR for the Internet recipent on your GAL. Next use the Admin tools fo to the properties and click the delivery options tab / click the alternate recipient and select the internet CR.

Select deliver to both mailbox and alternate recipient if you want mail deliber to both mailboxes.

Good luck.
FT

Thanks guys, I think I understand what the problem is now. The address that I had the mail forwarded to was not in my GAL, but in my contacts (which is client level I assume). The only problem with that theory is that I have had my Outlook up and running when I received mail and still don't receive the emails on my Internet account. Do you think that the only way to be able to forward emails to Internet accounts would be to add them to the GAL?

Take care.

Dave

if you're using rules and have your Outlook open and mail ist still not forward then check if this rule is turned on or check your rule again.

Again use 1 of the 2 choices. Either rule or use server rule which on describe earlier.

FT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back