Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Easy on / off auto attendant 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsaad

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2002
US
I have BCM 50 R3 and R6. I need to be able to switch on the auto attendant but preserve incoming caller id. I do not want to use the service mode (F871) because that will prevent caller id to be received on analog trunks.

Currently lines are set to ring and appear on 4 office phones. Manager wants auto attendant during business hours and then during closed hours send calls to answering service via Telco *72 call forward.

I guess I can leave lines set as appear and ring but use operator setting F982, is there a quick way to toggle on answer lines to Y and then N? Maybe change the Operator password to 1234 will help. Am I on the right track?

Yes, even 1 as the password can be used if I recall.

F982 is the quick way (maybe 10 seconds to do).....or is it? your post is conflicting.
If Management wants AA during the day, then no need for F982... set AA rings to 2, remove lines from ringing sets.

For night service forward a phone to the answering service and put that phone in night service group.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Yes, your answer makes perfect sense. I suppose what I want is to be able to shut off auto attendant and go to a live answer operator. The goal would be after 1-2 rings AA on, press a button and AA off for live answer situation. Then night-time telco call forward to answering service.

I see....backwards
Just crazy thoughts for a workaround for that....reverse technology, sort of.

Day time (AA)
AA at 2 rings

Override (Human)

F871 when needed
RG001 X229
X229 FNA 2 RING to HG001

Create night service to call X229
X229 in the phone room is then forward no answer after 2 rings to a hunt group DN
All sets required to the HG as Ring Only

My thought is Night Service to vmails DN will have AA answer immediate therefore no CLID, but if you have the spare set ring twice then technically it will not be answered until a member of the HG answers it.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I agree with setting up the voicemail to answer after the 2 rings, but the override should be just do the *72 when you close as that's the only way the answering service will get the caller id. Maybe I'm mistaken in that initial request was to send the calls to an external answering service vs. using the internal voicemail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back