Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

easy guide for beginners 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pumanic

Instructor
Jan 7, 2005
GB
Hi Guys

Anyone know where I can get an easy guide for beginners or are you able to provide me with some handy hints and tips as I start using Illustrator.

Ta!

Hi pumanic -

try SAMS Teach yourself Illustrator in 24 Hours (do an online search for lowest prices) - they do a really good job of hand-holding, much more so than Adobe! Good luck and have fun - Illustrator is one of the greatest things ever created, and you will soon come to understand that.

-Eva

I have found that if you know one Adobe interface pretty well that it makes it alot easier. Forinstance I learned PS first, and then a little bit about Pagemaker, then picked up Illustrator with little problems. And Indesign has been somewhat of a brezze.

Something to try and this may sound simplistic, but try creating a snow man with mountains in the background.

Use the elipise tool for the body, buttons and head. Rectangle for a hat. pencil for some twig arms. And then the mountin background you can use the pen tool to get some nice rolling hills. Or that is my readers digest throw yourself into the project tutorial.

Cheers Ricky - I have got a copy of the SAMS book that Eva suggested too so hopefully between the two, I can get up to speed with Illustrator PDQ.

Have a good week you guys! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back