Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EASY CD CREATOR V5 PLAT. ENGINE DOES NOT INITIALIZE

Status
Not open for further replies.

usatech

Technical User
Apr 25, 2002
US
Hi All,

Can somebody please help me with the following problem:

I recently upgraded my CD burning software from Adaptec's Easy CD Creator v3.5c to Roxio's Easy CD Creator v5.0 Platinum and I am receiving the following error message when I click on 'Make a Music CD', 'Music CD Project':

"Creator API

Easy CD Creator Engine initialization has failed: (Could not Initialize the Engine)"

I went on to Roxio's support web site & searched the Knowledgebase, which stated that I should uninstall the software & then re-install it. So I did but still received the same error message. I even updated Easy CD Creator, Soundstream, DirectCD & the drivers from Roxio's website, but without success, I was still getting the error message.
Furthermore, when I click 'OK' on the error message, I'm taken to the 'Untitled Music CD Project' screen & when I click on my audio files in the Source window, I get an error message that says "There are no audio files in this folder" when in fact there are, MP3's & WAV's (I guess if there's no data in the database engine, audio files may not be recognized, but Soundstream recognizes the files easily...???? beats me...I dunno).
My ASPI layer seems to be fine and up to date and also I think I have the latest Codecs since I have the latest version of Windows Media Player (if that's the problem). I should also mention that I did a clean uninstall before re-installing the software.
I just cannot figure out what the problem is.

Your assistance would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

B-)

I too had problem with the Easy CD Creator Engine etc. etc. with a new DVD +RW Brand= Ikebana... purchased from Fry's...... Well, I will have to say in the end I agree with USATECH.... Un-install all Roxio products, reboot, install Nero Burning Rom.... problem solved, works great!

Sorry Roxio... you've got to do better than that on keeping ALL parameters in mind when writing software. My recommendation to Roxio... Start over... do the registration process differently or something to make it more compatible with other possible software combinations.

is easy creator 5 plat compatible to WINoncd 3.8 /5?

THIS WORKED PERFECTLY. THANKS KEEPERX.

I've Done IT ok i was having the same problem as coberg and i have fixed it. FIRS of all you should know that if you have ever been infected with klez that your cd creator engine will no longer be linked properly. now here are the steps that fixed my problems.

1. Uninstall cd creator.. reboot
2. GO get and install it. .. reboot
3. reinstall ez cd creator .. reboot
4. run engsetup.exe .. reboot
5. go to and run the 5.1 update... reboot ..

and look at this for klez info 6. burn a music cd and see if it works.. it worked for me.

Just finished the EZCD Creator 5 nightmare. After trying the fix at ROXIO and any other recommendations I could find I resorted to slash and burn.

Events: Uninstalled Creator 4.
Installed Creator 5.
Down the tubes!

Solution, for me. Using regedit located every key and entry relating to adaptec in the registery. Killed everyone involved with CD creator. (They were well marked.) Trashed the adaptec directories found under "program files". (Checked to make sure my adaptec SCSI stuff was not located in them.)

Installed EZCD 5 Plat. Went in fine and runs fine.

Go figure!

I have had a similar problem as most of the users here. Previously i just uninstalling and rienstalling ECDC 5 until it eventually worked properly. But now I am sick of doing this. The problem is with all components related to the "creator.dll". Now it is saying that the creator.dll has caused a invalid page default. And because this is happening after a clean install of Win98SE, I doubt that the problem has anything to do with other burning software as there is NONE INSTALLED. I am cuttuntly trying KEEPERX's solution and will keep you posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back