Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EASY CD CREATOR V5 PLAT. ENGINE DOES NOT INITIALIZE

Status
Not open for further replies.

usatech

Technical User
Apr 25, 2002
US
Hi All,

Can somebody please help me with the following problem:

I recently upgraded my CD burning software from Adaptec's Easy CD Creator v3.5c to Roxio's Easy CD Creator v5.0 Platinum and I am receiving the following error message when I click on 'Make a Music CD', 'Music CD Project':

"Creator API

Easy CD Creator Engine initialization has failed: (Could not Initialize the Engine)"

I went on to Roxio's support web site & searched the Knowledgebase, which stated that I should uninstall the software & then re-install it. So I did but still received the same error message. I even updated Easy CD Creator, Soundstream, DirectCD & the drivers from Roxio's website, but without success, I was still getting the error message.
Furthermore, when I click 'OK' on the error message, I'm taken to the 'Untitled Music CD Project' screen & when I click on my audio files in the Source window, I get an error message that says "There are no audio files in this folder" when in fact there are, MP3's & WAV's (I guess if there's no data in the database engine, audio files may not be recognized, but Soundstream recognizes the files easily...???? beats me...I dunno).
My ASPI layer seems to be fine and up to date and also I think I have the latest Codecs since I have the latest version of Windows Media Player (if that's the problem). I should also mention that I did a clean uninstall before re-installing the software.
I just cannot figure out what the problem is.

Your assistance would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

B-)

STO anyone WHO is CONCERNED THAT YOU WILL NEVER GET YOUR EZ CDCREATOR BACK ON LINE.....HERE IS A SUCESS STORY. I have been working on this problem for about two weeks longer than i should have, bbbbbuuuuuuuuuuuutttt it is fixed/ 100%. Version 4.0 is still messed up....but version 5.0 is doing great.
FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS HERE VERY CAREFULLY: Trickiest part, BUT MOST CRUcIAL is EXTRACTING file regsvr32a.exe into original place of file whos name you changed to 'regsvr32.old'. I found my extract button by rightclicking on file.....and there it was in the list.
Best of luck. thanks for everyones help... (save DELL's Tech support. Those people --on the whole-- are incompetent, impatient, and useless.)

STO anyone WHO is CONCERNED THAT YOU WILL NEVER GET YOUR EZ CDCREATOR BACK ON LINE.....HERE IS A SUCESS STORY. I have been working on this problem for about two weeks longer than i should have, bbbbbuuuuuuuuuuuutttt it is fixed/ 100%. Version 4.0 is still messed up....but version 5.0 is doing great.
FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS HERE VERY CAREFULLY: Trickiest part, BUT MOST CRUcIAL is EXTRACTING file regsvr32a.exe into original place of file whos name you changed to 'regsvr32.old'. I found my extract button by rightclicking on file.....and there it was in the list.
Best of luck. thanks for everyones help... (save DELL's Tech support. Those people --on the whole-- are incompetent, impatient, and useless.)

re: easy cd creator 5.0
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Though it did seem to work.....and though now i can set up a list of tracks AND burn them, when i go to listen to the cd....all i get is.......nothing. It is playing as if there were music there...(i.e. the times are all right), its just that there is no music. I have tried the cds on multiple cd players, including the computer.
THIS IS ALSO HAPPENING with Nero. Same thing, i can create a stack of songs ok, i can even prievew each song on Nero, i can then burn it...and it says "burn successfull". But no music, when i attempt to play the cds.
I THINK I AM GOING CRAZY. THIS IS ALL TOO MUCH FOR ME!!! SO many wasted hours.
IF ANYONE has any ideas or suggestions...please PLEASE let me know.
thanks!

Coburg,

Preview the burned CD in Windows Explorer and check if the file extension of each song is .cda.

B-)

check winexplorer to see if there are ANY files written to it.
do you have the cable to your sound card hooked up? can you hear any other cd's???

quasimodem,

More than 70% of users that have purchased EZCD5 have experienced some kind of setback or problem with it. So people are compelled to trash it and to not give the authors a break.
Smart authors should develop smart programs. If the CD-R/RW was not designed at the time of program development, patches or fixes should have been made available at the time the CD-R/RW DID hit the market. It's a simple marketing strategy that would keep the users interested. So not the case with Roxio.

B-)

Coburg.. i have that issue too (ie no sound) i ran the enginist.exe thingy but when i burn a cd its blank (well not blank the times are ok but the sound aint there) i am researching this and will post a fix if i find one.

I've Done IT ok i was having the same problem as coberg and i have fixed it. FIRS of all you should know that if you have ever been infected with klez that your cd creator engine will no longer be linked properly. now here are the steps that fixed my problems.

1. Uninstall cd creator.. reboot
2. GO get and install it. .. reboot
3. reinstall ez cd creator .. reboot
4. run engsetup.exe .. reboot
5. go to and run the 5.1 update... reboot ..

and look at this for klez info 6. burn a music cd and see if it works.. it worked for me.

usatech-
over half of the problems that occur from installing this program come from the user not knowing to uninstall various other burning programs. these programs become the driver for the cdrw. if they are not removed completely the driver stays and creates install problems not easily remedied.
hey, I've had to work myself through all of these sorts of problems in order to have this program function properly too. I admit it was a huge pain....
but I won't blame my ignorance or lack of research (which really just amounts to not doing my homework) on an author's inability to predict the future. patches are available, if you just look for them.
granted, Roxio doesn't have the best tech, support...but then again, they are in the middle of a corporate take-over.
this is not matter of dumb authors...this is a great full featured program.
even Nero won't install if other drivers are in place.

Please be advised that if you update to ECDC 5.1, Take Two will no longer backup your computer to a CD-R or CD-RW. Take Two is a very useful program if you're not running Windows XP and I use it often.
Why is Take Two disabled? Roxio support said that XP doesn't have DOS so they decided to take it out. They didn't post any warnings when I upgraded but now you can't miss them if you're on Roxio's site.
Good luck.

Many many thanks KeeperX, I had been tearing my hair out for days, your fix worked perfectly

Many many thanks KeeperX, I had been tearing my hair out for days, your fix worked perfectly

hey guys,can someone help me with the following problem:

I tried using my windows media player copy to cd option to burn a playlist. It used to work fine until a few days ago when I started having the following error message: "could not create easy cd engine". I have a feeling its related to this Roxio proble. I'm not sure tho, cos the Error Message title bar is "Adaptec Easy CD Creator Plug-In".

Your help will be very much appreciated.
thanx
:)

i believe qausimodem is right- its a matter of other burning applications becoming the driver for the cd drive. i installed recordnow max, and now my roxio version 5 is having the same engine initialization error. i uninstalled recordnow max, and deleted all fiels left behind (that i coudl find), downloaded the latest roxio update (version 5.3.0.71), but i'm still getting the engine initialization error. what else can i do?

quasimodem,

How would you explain the error if EZCD5 was installed after an earlier version of EZCDC ? How would you explain the error if the developers insisted that an older version of the same software be completely uninstalled before installing EZCD5 ? How would you explain that the only CD burning software resident on a user's machine was the same software just an earlier version yet the error was created after installation of the new version ?

PROGRAMMING MYOPIA if you ask me.

Why couldn't the developers upgrade their own drivers (regardless of whomever owned the software at any time) instead of insisting that earlier versions of their own software be completely uninstalled ? Why couldn't the developers be cognisant of the fact that there may be other drivers out there in this world of competitive software ?

PROGRAMMING MYOPIA if you ask me.

B-)

i am trying to use easy cd creator v3.5 and it will only let me put wav. files onto cd. i have used another program and it let me put mp3 files onto cd. how can i make this program do the same...or cant i? HELP ME!!!!!!

Update Easy CD Creator® 5.0x Platinum to add compatibility for Windows® XP

Version You Have Installed: 5.0x
Type: Platinum (Basic updater is also available*)
Languages: English only

If you did a full install of ECDC 5.0x on an existing XP system, please run XP_UP.exe before rebooting your computer.

If you did a custom install of ECDC 5.0x on an existing XP system, and you want to add or remove applications from ECDC 5.0x, then you must re-run XP_UP before rebooting your computer.

*Note: The updaters below are for Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum only. For an updater for Easy CD Creator 5.0 Basic click here.

For users running Windows NT and 2000 and upgrading to Windows XP
For users running Windows 98 and ME and upgrading to Windows XP
For users installing Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum in Windows XP

Installation instructions for users running Windows NT and 2000 and upgrading to Windows XP:

xp_safe.exe- This web update is designed to prepare Easy CD Creator 5.0x Platinum installation on Windows NT or 2000 for Windows XP. This addresses driver issues that could be encountered while upgrading.

xp_up_platinum.exe- This web update is designed to update any existing 5.0x Platinum version of Easy CD Creator to work on Windows XP. This update will install Windows XP specific drivers and make the necessary registry entries, which allow Easy CD Creator to operate correctly.

It is recommended that you update your Easy CD Creator Platinum to 5.02b (ecdc_v502b_up.exe - 5.6MB).
Download and install xp_safe.exe (561KB) and reboot your system. This addresses driver issues that could be encountered while upgrading.
Update your system to the Windows XP Operating system. The xp_up_platinum.exe file will only install on Windows XP systems.
Download xp_up_platinum.exe (2.5MB) and install it. Restart after installation is complete.
Easy CD Creator has been updated to function properly on Windows XP.
Note: Take Two will be disabled by this update due to incompatibility with Windows XP.

Installation instructions for users running Windows 98 and ME and upgrading to Windows XP:

xp_up_platinum.exe- This web update is designed to update any existing 5.0x Platinum version of Easy CD Creator to work on Windows XP. This update will install Windows XP specific drivers and make the necessary registry entries, which allow Easy CD Creator to operate correctly.

It is recommended that you update your Easy CD Creator Platinum to 5.02b (ecdc_v502b_up.exe - 5.6MB).
Update your system to the Windows XP Operating system (if you have not done so). The xp_up_platinum.exe file will only install on Windows XP systems.
Download xp_up_platinum.exe (2.5MB) and install it. Restart after installation is complete.
Note: Take Two will be disabled by this update due to incompatibility with Windows XP.

Installation instructions for users installing Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum in Windows XP:

In Windows XP, install Easy CD Creator 5.0 Platinum.
It is recommended that you update your Easy CD Creator Platinum to 5.02b (ecdc_v502b_up.exe - 5.6MB) but do not reboot then…

Update Easy CD Creator® 5.0x Platinum to add compatibility for Windows® XP

Version You Have Installed: 5.0x
Type: Platinum (Basic updater is also available*)
Languages: English only

If you did a full install of ECDC 5.0x on an existing XP system, please run XP_UP.exe before rebooting your computer.

If you did a custom install of ECDC 5.0x on an existing XP system, and you want to add or remove applications from ECDC 5.0x, then you must re-run XP_UP before rebooting your computer.

*Note: The updaters below are for Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum only. For an updater for Easy CD Creator 5.0 Basic click here.

For users running Windows NT and 2000 and upgrading to Windows XP
For users running Windows 98 and ME and upgrading to Windows XP

Installation instructions for users running Windows NT and 2000 and upgrading to Windows XP:

xp_safe.exe- This web update is designed to prepare Easy CD Creator 5.0x Platinum installation on Windows NT or 2000 for Windows XP. This addresses driver issues that could be encountered while upgrading.

Download and install xp_safe.exe (561KB) and reboot your system. This addresses driver issues that could be encountered while upgrading.
Update your system to the Windows XP Operating system. The xp_up_platinum.exe file will only install on Windows XP systems.

Installation instructions for users running Windows 98 and ME and upgrading to Windows XP:

Update your system to the Windows XP Operating system (if you have not done so). The xp_up_platinum.exe file will only install on Windows XP systems.

Installation instructions for users installing Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum in Windows XP:

In Windows XP, install Easy CD Creator 5.0 Platinum.
It is recommended that you update your Easy CD Creator Platinum to 5.02b (ecdc_v502b_up.exe - 5.6MB) but do not reboot then…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back