Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Easy CD Creator - Searching for test files

Status
Not open for further replies.

witchblade

Programmer
Aug 1, 2001
US
Hi everybody..
About a week ago I burned a CD with no problem. Now, when I go to burn a CD (music), I get a window in Easy CD Creator that says:
"Checking the data transfer rate.
Searching for test files on Drive D. Please wait..."

Then it runs for awhile, & the CD burns. I can play the CD on my computer, but I can't play it in a regular CD player.

Any ideas on what this is?
[gorgeous]

If the 'Check Speed' and/or the 'Simulation' modes are enabled, then disable it/them.
Just make sure that you are not using a write speed that exceeds the max write speed of the CD that you're burning.

If the CD's entire capacity has been burned with audio files, then finalize it and see if that enables it to play on a regular CD player.

My first guess is you didn't "finalize" the disc? I use nero, which in that software it's a matter of selecting "no multi-session".

[tt]"I can play the CD on my computer, but I can't play it in a regular CD player." When you say this, did you use a CDR disc or a CDRW disc? Burned CDRs can be read on normal CDROM drives, but with CDRWs you'll need somme special software to read them on normal CDROM drives. You'll be able to read CDRWs fine if you use a CDRW drive to read them, which I assume is the type of drive that you have on your computer? (The one you use for burning your CDs ;-) )

I finalized the disc, so I know that's not it.
I'm using CDR's. Do you think it has something to do with the burn rate?

You can try a slower burn rate.

Also, did you try playing it in several CD players, or just one?
I burned a music CD-R disk, and it will not play on a CD player that's connected to the home theater receiver, but plays just fine on a portable CD player.

Are you using a different brand of CD-R disk? Some CD-R disks are very picky about what type of player they work in. For example, I've had trouble with some older Maxell CD-R's. They wouldn't play on a CD player of mine when other types, like Imation, would...it didnt matter how I burned the CD. Perhaps this new kind of CD (if that's the case) doesn't like your CD player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back