Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Easy basic question 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterofNone

Technical User
Jun 30, 2002
GB
This is something that is probably so easy but I need a little info for a small project which is coming up (I'm in the IT team not the voice team) and I may be given access to gather relevent info.

1st - I know what a D/N and T/N are.

1. How do I lookup a T/N for a specific T/N
2. How do I lookup all features for that D/N (call forwards, pickup groups etc)?
3. Does a DECT handset showup differently to a normal handset?

Now my main question so I don't look a complete idiot in meetings, but are the ISDN lines routed through the switch an if so, how do I look these up?

To print out a specific TN go to LD 20 and do the following;
PRT=TNB
Tn= whatever the the TN of the phone is.

To find the TN for a phone go to LD 22 and do;
PRT=DNB
DN=the extension number of the phone.

All T1's go through the switch. To look at loops go to ld 60 and enter stat at the period prompt. This will give you that status of all of the loops (T1s) on your switch. To look at the members for each route go to ld 21 and enter LTM at the request prompt and then <cr> through the rest of the prompts.

It may be better for you to actually post the topic of your question as oppposed to posting &quot;easy question&quot;. I think that's how they prefer you to post your questions. good luck.

hi Steyler, I'm a little confused about what you said about T1s always going thru the switch. Are you saying that ISDN lines are always T1s? if so, then shouldn't I see all my ISDN lines in LD 60 as opposed to just the five T1s I have for incoming and outgoing traffic? I thought an ISDN line was just a fast POTS line. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back