Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Easy.. add a library to a web site

Status
Not open for further replies.

wendas

MIS
Apr 20, 2001
US
This is easy.. Just learning and the book has me frustrated becaus I can't get there from here.

I created a project as a web control library, added code, tested it created a dll and no errors.

I created a new website

Book says to usr file / Add / Existing Project command, then locate and select the project file for the web control library.

But when I get to the project file it just wants to open it, not place it into a bin folder..

I have gone so far as to create my own bin folder using Add asp.net folder and choosing bin. then using add existing item and pulled in the .dll, .pdb and .xml

Makes it look like the book in the Solution Explorer, but does not set the the custom controls to the library toolbox.

Thanks for any pointers as to what step I am missing.

Additional I got it to automatically put the 3 necessary files into the project bin folder.. But.. No custome controls automatically added to the library.

(by the way, this is before I try creating my own custom controls. These are controls the book example gave me.)

Anyway I went to Add Reference.. Browse, Browsed to the library project, /bin/debug and selected the dll.. It created the bin folder and loaded the 3 files I wanted into it in one shot.

Am I anywhere close? If so how do I get the custom controls to appear?

you add another project to the solution and then reference the project you built into the 2nd project.

Jason Meckley
Programmer
Specialty Bakers, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back