Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Easiest way to change the COS on a NAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueScarecrow

Technical User
Aug 1, 2008
US
Got a client (Lawyer) who wants to record telephone calls with clients here in Phoenix. To avoid problems, Nortel has disabled the "Call Record" function in every class of service. Just need to know what the easiest way is to change the COS on a NAM.

I've got the 4.0 Documentation, but it doesn't look like Norstar Voicemail Manager will run on Windows 7 Pro.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I know you can edit a COS on Callpilot using telset administration. Not sure about NAM though. I'm sure curlycord or one of the other gurus can answer that. Stay tuned.

In the meantime maybe try logging in, select MBOX, press 1, enter the COS number you want to change then keep pressing NEXT until you get to RECORD CALL.

I believe "1" is to change your name in the company directory; at least that's what Joan Kenley PhD. says.

Never had to change a COS in a NAM before.

Thanks for writing!

On the NAM only on version 4.1 via Telset
Once logged into Feature 983 press 9 to see your version.

2 things you could try for NVM software

- Download and install XP Mode
That will install Windows XP as a virtual machine

or

-Download and install Oracles Virtualbox then install XP onto that
With VirtualBox you can install other OS's as well.

FYI - I think on NAM's you may not have a choice of Silent Recording, you will instead get Joan letting everyone know this call is being recorded.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

In the meantime maybe try logging in, select MBOX, press 1, enter the COS number you want to change..."

How are you going to make system program changes from a subscriber mailbox? Log in thru Feature 983 - NAM telset administration. [smile]

Just found out my friend has an old IBM laptop with Windows 98 and a Seriel port. Sort of like that preemptive announcement... it kinda puts the snotty people in their place. LOL

Thanks all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back