Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EAS VS DDC routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

lftpwr

Technical User
Jul 24, 2002
US
We are a Non-EAS environment...considering going to EAS, how would you explain the difference between routing calls with EAS (skills/priority) vs a non environment and using DDC routing? If you have the most experienced listed 1st in DDC and would that route similar to the way EAS routes on skill level and prioity? Either way would one person be getting MOST of the calls?

Thanks
lftpwr

I'm using splits instead of skills. From what I know of it, the major difference is the agents would only need to log in once even if they are covering more than one call center, they would only have one set of ACD buttons (Auto In, Aux, ACD, etc) and that instead of assigning an agent to a split, you assign a split (or a skill if you will) to an agent.

It sounds like DDC and EAS routing work the same...or am I still missing something. why would a company spend all that $$$$$ if they can route calls using DDC.

lftpwr

Non-EAS allows you to have 3 splits at agent level. EAS will allow you to have 20 skills.

Non-EAS requires ACD work-state buttons for each split. EAS requires just one set of ACD work state buttons.
Because of this most call center use Free-seating

With EAS you can have personal calls treated as ACD calls, and have them queue for a specific agent when he/she is on the phone (CMS will measure them)

This is just a small description. Depending on your type of Call Center and the business you in EAS could be benefitial Please let me know if the information that was provided is helpfull.
Edwin Plat
A.K.A. Europe

I actually have some techs able to login to 4 splits, we just program phone button probably different and I understand all what you have said BUT when calls are routed it still seems that they would route the same way whether or not you are non-EAS or EAS environment. regardless of number of skills or splits, the call will route to the first person everytime that person is available

lftpwr

We have EAS, and all of our vectors are set for UCD-MIA routing. This stands for Uniform Call Distribution-Most Idle Agent. In other words, the agent who has been idle (Available) the longest length of time is the one who received the call. Some of my vectors also have multiple skill levels, so a call will (for example) hunt for the MIA agent at skill level 1 first, then hunt for the MIA agent at skill level 2 second, etc.

I'm not sure, but I think that Service Observe and Agent Trace is also part of the EAS package. These features are very helpful for training and supervision.

Susan
Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer. - Mark Twain

Give the command display system-parameters features and find the following:

AGENT AND CALL SELECTION
MIA Across Splits or Skills? n
ACW Agents Considered Idle? y

MIA Across Splits or Skills means that the Most Idle Algorithm either works for each individual skill that is assigned to an agent or across all assigned skills. This could effect the routing.

ACW Agents Considered Idle means that After Call Work is considered as IDLE, now you need to make a desision if you want that, that couls also effect the routing.

Advice: Think this through before you make permanent changes Please let me know if the information that was provided is helpfull.
Edwin Plat
A.K.A. Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back