Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EAS Agents - EAD-MIA & Multiple Call Handling Call Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpieper

IS-IT--Management
May 11, 2004
US
Have a customer that has Skilled EAS Agents set up. We have Most Idle Agent Across Skills turned on, Multiple Call Handling turned on and Skilled EAD-MIA Hunt Groups are set up for MCH – one-forced call.

Customer has around 5 different 800#s ringing into one group of Agents. Each 800# is set up with a different skill and the Agents have multiple skills on their Agent ID to be able to handle all 5 800# calls that come in.

A. Customer is stating that an Agent can be on an ACD call, hang up and get the next inbound ACD call. Even though other agents with the same Skill and Skill Level have been sitting in Auto-In & not on the phone at all--so they should be the most idle agents not the Agent that just hung up an ACD call.
B. Also Agent can be on an ACD call, and get a 2nd call that rings this same Agent's Phone – even though there are other skilled agents available to take the call.

Trying to figure out why calls are not being evenly distributed between all Agents and Skills?
Thought if we have the MIA Across Splits or Skills set to Y – all calls should be evenly distributed between agents with the appropriate skills to take the calls. But I’m not sure about how the Multiple Call Handling set to Y might affect how calls are distributed as I have not used MCH in the past.

Below is information on how the system is setup. Any input from you would be greatly appreciated.

CM Version: R013x.01.2.632.1
S8300 server with two G700’s

System Parameters Features
-- MIA Across Splits or Skills? Y
-- Expert Agent Selection (EAS) Enabled? Y

System-Parameters Customer-Options
Call Center Release 3.0
-- ACD? Y
-- Expert Agent Selection (EAS)? Y
-- EAS-PHD? Y
-- Forced ACD Calls? N
-- Least Occupied Agent? Y
-- Multiple Call Handling (On Request)? Y
-- Multiple Call Handling (Forced)? Y

Skill/Hunt Group Set Up
-- Group Type: ead-mia
-- Skill? Y
-- Multiple Call Handling: one-forced

Agent Set Up
-- Auto Answer: station
-- MIA Across Skills: system
-- Most agents have about 6 skills that they can take different types of calls coming in

There are a few things I can think of:

1. EAD-LOA on skills instead of EAD-MIA
2. Change agent's login id to Greatest Need instead of Skill preference.
3. Wondering if timeout to ACW is happening in between calls or if ACW is used at all.

Perhaps you should try #1 first and watch the queues for a day.

I'm concerned that you have mulitple call handling turned on to one forced. I'm thinking that could also have an impact.

LILYSANN:
Yes ACW is turned on between calls for 30 seconds ACW.

Thanks for your suggestions.

cpieper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back