Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Earthlink SMTP problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darb66

Technical User
Jan 29, 2002
US
My users are getting this error when trying tosend email to an earthlink account. Anybody know what the problem is? Except for this, everything works fine. Thanks!

There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator.

<mail.lapaincare.com #5.5.0 smtp;550-EarthLink does not recognize your computer (24.153.175.222) as connecting

EarthLink does not recognize your computer (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) as connecting from an EarthLink connection. If this is in error, please contact technical support.>

In the default SMTP server properties, click the delivery tab, then click the advanced button in the bottom right corner. in the bottom next to &quot;configure external dns server&quot;, hit the configure button, and add the ip addresses of your ISP's pri and sec dns servers (such as 4.2.2.1 for verizon, etc).

hope that helps, as i had the same issue...this fixed it.

Check thread955-753376 for a tip.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]
How Do I Get Great Answers To my Tek-Tips Questions? See faq219-2884

Thanks guys, that seeme to clear it up. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back