Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Early Offer - Avaya SIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

JenP70

Technical User
Jan 24, 2020
US
Can you set Avaya SIP trunks to use Early Offer? I see Early Media option, but not Early Offer.
Thanks!

Yeah. Its in the sip signaling group for outgoing calls. There's direct IP media, initial direct IP media and another setting to do it for H323 phones.

For most outgoing calls where the calling party's media IP is known - like a basic phone making a call - you should see SDP in the initial invite.

Outward reinvites don't get the same treatment. There's a special application 8965 that enables reinvites with SDP, but Avaya has to turn it on, and it breaks certain scenarios with 2 CMs calling each other over trunks with that parameter defined. The SBC has a feature called delayed SDP handling that I believe you'd apply on the interworking profile facing your carrier that doesn't want reinvites without SDP. The SBC, upon receiving a reinvite from CM with no SDP, right when it sends it to the carrier, it would insert the SDP most recently negotiated in the previous transaction with the carrier.

That help?

I don't see those as settings or options in the Sig group. It's a SIP trunk TCP - would that cause it to not be an option?
Thanks!

what release of cm are you on? list conf soft to find out.
Here's the bottom of page 1 of my sig group
Code:
                                            Bypass If IP Threshold Exceeded? n
Incoming Dialog Loopbacks: eliminate                  RFC 3389 Comfort Noise? n
         DTMF over IP: rtp-payload            Direct IP-IP Audio Connections? y
Session Establishment Timer(min): 3                     IP Audio Hairpinning? y
         Enable Layer 3 Test? y                   Initial IP-IP Direct Media? y
H.323 Station Outgoing Direct Media? n            Alternate Route Timer(sec): 6

CM 6. I don't see that as an option on an existing SIP sig group, but if I add a new group it's there. I wonder if the combination of settings on the existing is why Initial IP-IP Direct Media isn't there.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back