Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Each time I launch a IE window, it

Status
Not open for further replies.

we2aresame

Technical User
Feb 10, 2003
CA
Each time I launch a IE window, it is only a very small window, I have to click the Maximize buttom to use it. How can I make the IE window maximaized immediately when I lanuch it? Thanks.

instead of maximizing it move the cursor to the right and bottom edges and extend it to the size you want. Then maximize the window and minimize and it should return to the new size. Close and re open to further test.

thats it

JK

KingE

MCP, MCSE-NT4.0, MCSA, MCSE W2k (soon)

If the correct and simple solution (KingE) fails to do the trick try this thread.

Maximize/Re-Size Program Screens
thread779-501946

KingE has got it, but I think to get it to stick you have to do File\Close one time.

Jon

There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge. (Bertrand Russell)

If any program does not fill the screen correctly then my solution works for me all the time. Every time you share the screen with another program quite often next time you run that program including IE it will open in the size you last ran it in.

My solution is make sure no other programs are on screen except IE or which ever program does not fill the screen.

Right click on the Task bar. In the menu that pops up select either:

TILE WINDOWS VERTICALLY

or

TILE WINDOWS HORIZONTALLY

Since no other programs are running on screen those commands will make the only running program automatically fill the screen fully.

An easier solution than others have offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back