Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Eacfilt driver must be enabled on the interface(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninaco

Technical User
Jul 25, 2005
US
Receive the subject message when I try to connect via VPN. When I review the wireless network connection properties, the Eacfilt Driver is enabled (box next to it is checked). I've tried disabling and reenabling, but it didn't help.

My new laptop has a built-in Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG card. The OS is XP - home edition.

I'm not new to VPN and was able to connect fine on my old laptop (Netgear card), but I haven't been able to get past this error on the new machine. I've looked for updated drivers, but it looks like I have the most recent version.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Nina

Is the XP firewall enabled ?

Rick Harris
SC Dept of Motor Vehicles
Network Operations

The XP firewall is enabled. When I read your reply, I disabled the firewall and tried again. Still got the same message, so I reenabled the firewall.

Make sure you don't have more than 4 interfaces defined.

Update - Resolution!!

First, thanks for the suggestions.

My company posted an updated version of the Nortel VPN software on their website last week. So, I uninstalled the old version from my laptop.

Then, I downloaded the new version & ran the install. During the install, got an error message that the eacfilt.sys file could not be found in the Nortel folder. I pointed it to the 386 folder. It copied the file and the installation completed. I can now login via VPN!

So, if anyone else has this problem, it wouldn't hurt to put a copy of the file into the VPN program file's folder. (Don't need if you'd need the DLL too. I'm not that technical. <VBG>)

What version of the VPN client were you using and what version are you using now that works? I'm having the same issue on a Dell Latitude D510 running XP Pro using Contivity client ver 05_01.103. Please advise.

Thank you.

I have no idea what the uninstalled version was. But, the version I'm running now is 04_65.18. Looks like you're running a more recent version. Did you try copying the eacfilt.sys file into the Nortel folder?

I've tried copying the eacfilt.sys file to the following locations:
c:\windows\system32\drivers
c:\program files\nortel networks\filterdrivers
Still no luck. Am I doing something wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back