Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Eacfilt driver must be enabled on interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

razr1

Technical User
Dec 15, 2005
US
Getting error message: "Eacfilt driver must be enabled on interface(s): Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection"

I have a new Dell laptop with Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection and using Nortel Contivity VPN Client V05_01.103.

VPN logs in when using my desktop, but will not get past the above error message when using new Dell laptop.

Have seen other threads, but still cannot get to work.

Would love some help if someone knows solution...

I am having the exact same problem with a new Dell Latitude D610. Have you found a solution yet? I can't find the requested driver anywhere.

Well, I must say I have the same thing. Interesting enough It only appears with the Dell Axim. I also have a PPC6700 running Mobile 5.0 and it appears to work fine. I have sent messages to Dell and Microsoft on this and My internal IT team could not help either.

I'm assuming you are all using nortel vpn client v5.01 or above? The eacfilt 'driver' is a component of the nortel client software. Does the VPN connection work using any of the other network (i.e. wired LAN or dialup) interfaces on the PC?

To see if the configuration 'looks' like it should you can take a look at windows computer mgt:

- Rt CLick on my computer > Manage > View / show hidden devices
- Browse to Network Adapters section and Expand. You should see at least two adapter icons which reference your NIC in question (Intel/Pro...) one of which should have a descriptor similar to "Eacfilt Miniport" at the end. If that is there but has 'red X', then right click and enable. If not there at all:

- Taking appropriate measures for backup, etc., delete the NIC from the WinMgt interface and reboot the PC. The appropriate components should configure automagically on restart.
- Reinstall Nortel VPN client software, locally if possible..

Another thing you could do is upgrade to the newest client software. The newest Nortel Client software is 6.01. Make sure you uninstall the old client before you install the new one. What you describe was a bug, but in what client code I do not recall.

Hi,

I've had this problem and found out that the Nortel VPN Client version 5.01.103 has some faults and one of them is this eacfilt error message. Try version 5.01.100 or another version of the Nortel client and you should be ok. I've used both versions 5.01.100 and 5.01.141 of this client without any problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back