Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E911 and call back ?s

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewNic

IS-IT--Management
Nov 14, 2003
US
Iv seen several post on this and still trying to get my head around it.

PSAP calling back for 911 calls:

ElIN defined per ip-station maping xxx-xxx-3400
911 routing set to alert
Sys paramter feature Emergency Extension forwarding min 10

So i call 911 from 3900 and hang up, the PSAP recieves 3400 based on the mapping done above of 3400
The psap calls back on 3400, CM knows it came from 3900 and routes to that station of 3900

am i correct so far?

If my station is not a DID how is that handeled? Does it use whats in the station form for Emergency location?
If "anyone" not just the pasap should be calling that ELIN 3400 during the 10 min period do those call also route to 3400?
IF the Timer expires, does the call back route to the ELIN then?

Any input appreciated
Thanks

am i correct so far? Yes you are.

If my station is not a DID how is that handeled? Does it use whats in the station form for Emergency location? If your station is in a defined subnet that has an ELIN assigned the CM will outpulse the assigned ELIN and will not use the info from the station form.
If "anyone" not just the pasap should be calling that ELIN 3400 during the 10 min period do those call also route to 3400? Yes. The ELIN is bound to the extension for all inbound calls on the ELIN number.
IF the Timer expires, does the call back route to the ELIN then? The call will route back to wherever else you have it normally directed when the BIND timer expires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back