Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E9014 on Unix Platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gery

MIS
Apr 9, 2002
US
Hello
Does anyone know this error E9014 "Failed to receive header packet". It on a Tru64 server with BEB 10.5 SP1 installed.
The only one thing I can find was "Contact Computer Associates Technical Support"
Kind regards
Gery

Hi the Error E9014 occurs when you are trying to restore files on a different Filesystem. Such as Windows Tape on Linux and vice versa.

Hi thomas1900,
No restore problem because no backup possible when this error occured.
KR
Gery

Was there an error code at the end of the message?
Usually there is and it will help in tracking down the source.
It would help if more data was supplied, for example:
name of backup program - ARCserve, BAB, BEB
version
how often does it happen
does it happen with each volume
how much data is backed up before it happens

Usually it is a problem either over the network or at the remote system end. I'm not up on this agent, some of the others support specifying a specific IP address (in case there are two NICs you can have it use the other), setting backup priority to low. Make sure the NICs are configured for a set rate rather than autodetect, and it is correct for the port it is plugged into. Logging at the switch or via a network monitor will help to identify if there are problems on the network.

Hello
It seems to be a error in the code. I have already received a patch from CA which has helped by now. Backup did star but when a tape was use which was filled up already this error occured. The job did not find the last mark. It did not take spaned tape and ran into timeout. In the database history this job was shown as activ. Thank you for your response.
Kind regards
Gerald

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back