Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E8604 Failed to start backup. (DBNAME=dbaexch, EC=RPC failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

3A21

IS-IT--Management
Jan 30, 2003
US
Find help
I have installed ArcServeIT 6.61 on windowsNT4, registered the pruduct.I'm triying to use it.
When I start the backup of exchange which is on another NT4 server(on which I installed the exch agent), the backup cannot run.I have notice that the service "Backup Agent RPC Server " on that server stopped each time I run the exchange backup.

When you installed the Exchange Agent, did you install it while logged in as the server account ( usually Exchange ) ?

No I was logged as administrator

Make sure you are using the format domain_name\user_name for the brick level security. This caused silent dr watsons on dbasvr.exe (which is the agent). Also I recommend applying sp2a to both machines as well as any additional patches ca may have on it's website.

an administrator account is not enough. I believe the install REQUIRES you to be logged in as an Exchange service account.

joe11701 ,
Do you mean I will re-install the ArcserveIT on the Exchange server ?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back