Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E8601 Failed to connect to agent. (Agent=dbaxchg2, EC=91)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nat3ten

IS-IT--Management
May 22, 2001
US
I am running Arcserve 2000 on an NT 4 machine. When trying to backup the exchange server actually the brick level i would all ways get repeated name pipe errors and a dr watson error on the exchange server. I went to ca's techsupport website and supposedly found a "fix." It told me to replace the old dbaxchg2.dll with the one i download. It fixed the dr watson error on the exchange server, and now arcserve can't connect to the exchange agent. I even tried installing SP3 for arcserve and still doesnt work. Anyone run into this problem?

nat3ten

I have already applied this patch to the exchange server.

Re-install the exchange agent, reapply sp3 to the agent, and then reapply qo06202. I have a feeling that messing with the dll's is the cause. so a reinstall should fix it up. especially with the patches.

guru

I'm pretty sure the error you're getting reflects an improper license for your exchange agent. Rerun the license program which is "RegisterIT". (Note: reregistering a product will work for full product reg-id's only; NOT for Live Trials!

Regards
saop

Let us know on the progress of the issue, I am quite interested in seeing what resolves it :)

thanks,

guru

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back