Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E8535 on BrightStor v.9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Selke

MIS
Mar 22, 2002
US
Hi, all...

Does anyone know how to overcome an E8535 error on BrightStor v.9? This happens specifically when we're backing up one of our NAS devices. We'll get this error after about 12 hours into the job:

E8535 error -- Failed to receive data from the client agent. (Address=x.x.x.x (name of server), EC=9, Command=0)

I've already decided that we're going to initialize the astpsdat database. I've seen funky behavior when that thing gets too large.

Does anyone know a good fix for this?

Thank you in advance...

1-is the patch 9.01 is applied?
2- have you tried to do the backup through network? if not try it.

Thank you for your response.

We have our libraries connected directly to our NAS devices specifically so we wouldn't use up the bandwidth.

Is this a problem with v. 9.01? Does v. 11 take care of this?

Thanks, again...we really appreciate the input.

This error is too general to tell what is wrong. Could be network related or something local on the NAS box.

What type of NAS box is it?

Thank you for your response...

It's a NetApp 810 Filer. The Libraries are SpectraLogic TreeFrogs.

We also went as far as to connect a network crossover cable from the backup server to the NetApp.

PS...It's been three days and CA has yet to respond to the case I've opened with them.

Thanks, again...

Time to debug it. See How to enable debug for NAS faq478-5107.

Start with the ARCserve activity log to get the time stamp. Then start checking out the other logs. Chances are the tape log will not have any errors but it can sometimes be helpful. Then go to the NAS Agent log and the others to see what they have for that point in time.

In your case it seems doubtful that it is a network problem in light of the testing you did.

Besure to disable the debugs when finished troublshooting.

Update...E8535 errors seem to be gone after I changed the IP Address on the NIC directly connected to the Filer. However, we're still getting the AE0276 errors that accompanied the E8535 errors after about 19 hours of backing up.

Both NetApp and CA are on the case. We've sent multiple logs in all kinds of modes and no one has a good explanation.

(flare shot in the air here)

HELP!!!

Ok so the E8535 problem has been solved.
AE0276 was not mentioned before.
Start a new thread with the details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back