Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E8535 Failed to receive data from the client agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnyb

IS-IT--Management
Sep 20, 2003
CY
Dear ALL,
i have recently install on exchange 2000 BAB 11 with exchange premnium add-on and for some unknown reason i get :
E8535 Failed to receive data from the client agent. (ADDRESS=x.x.x.x (EXCHANGE), EC=10054, COMMAND=0)

For the error code i got from the help the following :
Reason:

BrightStor ARCserve Backup server could not receive data because the socket could not be reset or timed out.

Action:

The socket can be timed out after 1800 seconds (30 minutes) by default. Increase receiving and sending time-out settings from the registry key below.

\\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ComputerAssociates\BrightStor ARCserve Backup\Base\Task\Remote

ReceiveTimeOut DWORD 3600

SendTimeOut DWORD 3600

I did the registry modification but nothing changed!
Is there any tips in order to overcome this error?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, i have for u any questions:

1.-That exchange is in a single machine or in any cluster?
2.- If is in any cluster, do u have one or more instances of Exchange in the same node?

You can try restarting the services in target machine, and u must test if Exchange Agent is ready install on that machine. Another thing that u must test if the user that u use to make backups have permiss necesarys for his tasks.

See this link:

Dear friend ,
i have to tell you that the exchange is on a standalone machine with exchange agent running and the backup is starting ok and it's stopping with the specified error after doing 450 - 700 mb of 28 gb database that exchange has!
So any tips?

Check for a network problem. Even MS Network Monitor will report if there are errors happening at the time of the failure.

I have applied the patch but am still having the probelm at the document level. I have tried multiple users with no success. It goes about 45 seconds in and then fails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back