Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

e8511 - Failed to connect with client agent 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonysilva

MIS
Dec 3, 2002
GB
Hi,

I'm having some problems with my Brightstor Arcserve v9 running on a WinNT 4.0 box. My daily backup includes some files plus the NDS from a Netware 4.11 server using an agent.
The backup has no problems connecting with the agent to backup the files session but when it comes to the NDS session it fails to connect giving the e8511 error message.

Why does the agent work for the files but not the NDS?

Any ideas gratefully received!

i havent seen that patch no.

That sounds just the ticket, but it does say that its for Arcserve 2000 v7.0.

Anyone know if this also applies to Brightstor v9.0 before i apply it?

Many thanks.

Greetings,

I don't know myself, I'm afraid.

Did you check with CA directly? (If you have a support agreement with them, you can - otherwise, check with whoever is your supplier, assuming they're a Authorized Reseller, they can contact CA on your behalf.)

Kindest regards,

James

Hi,
not sure if it helps, but my E8511 with a Linux Client disappeared afterwards: go to server admin, from the menu bar select admin and then multiple network cards and change the setting to have the OS decide which network card to use.

Regards,
Conny

thanks chuber! your post solved a problem i'd been working on for over a week now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back