Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E6300 Windows NT SCSI Port Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

jettech

Technical User
Sep 29, 2008
TAPE E6300 Windows NT SCSI PORT Error[ABSL:1060 CMD:8h]SCSI command retry
ARCSERVE 2000
also gives error:
E3801 Invalid session header signature(SIG = 00000000)
Updated Tape drive(DLT 7000) driver for NT, error occured less frequently, now occurring every 2 or 3 days
thanks
James J Augustyn
USFILTER JETTECH

Hello
Got the same problem with ARCServe 6.5
This problem happens only with DLT7000 and verify and restore will not working properly aslong you've got this message in the log.

Go to the ca hompage ( and choose support.
Then enter in the searchwindow your error-id (E6300) and check the solutions. (maybe it's anotherone for ARCServe2000)

One of the solutions told me to delete a registry-key. (something with readshots) the key didn't exist in the registry and i added it. after deleting the key everything was working properly!!??)

try it out with some testjobs.

Hth and kind regards
Alex

I had the same problem where I'd get that error every 2-3 days. I gave up and moved my tape drive to a different server and installed ARCserve over there, but then I got the error EVERY day! I finally solved the problem by installing new SCSI drivers on that server. I never moved the tape drive back to the original server (where it happened every 2-3 days) so that may have been a totally different issue. But new SCSI drivers may be worth a try.

I had error E6300 [ABSL:3060 CMD:Ah] in my ArcServe log every time a backup session was closed.

I installed the latest SCSI drivers on my server, the latest bios on my tape unit and fix LO84946 for ArcServe and that solved my problem.

I had this error E6300 which was generating every second in the activities logs. I had to replace a drive in the library.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back