Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E6084 Drive Hardware Error - Servo or Sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duran

IS-IT--Management
Dec 4, 2001
GB
Hi all,

I have Win2k SP2 Server with Arcserve 2K SP3 running on it. Connected to that computer is an HP Surestore DLT Autoloader 818 running the latest firmware.

In Arcserve the backups seem to be fine, however I get this error every second in the Job status.

E6084 Drive Hardware Error-Servo or Sensor [ABSL:1060 CMD:4DH]

The CA website simply says to contact the hardware vendor. I have done this and after several tests HP decided to replace the entire unit. That done, I still get the error so I replaced the SCSI card in the server, I still get the error.
The only thing I have left to replace are the cables but before I spend any more money I thought I would ask...

...Can anybody help me with this, please?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Paul I plug you in, dim the lights
Electric Barbarella !

Hi,

Does anyonehave na idea on this?

Paul I plug you in, dim the lights
Electric Barbarella !

I'm having the same problem. I've got a box running NT4.0 and I get this error every second of the job. Nothing gets backed up and I have to just eject the tape. The only solution I've tried is to reboot the server. This of course is only a temporary solution and fixes it for different amounts of time. Sometimes I can go for months without a problem or it will only fix it for a day or two. More help on this would be much appretiated.

Had a similar error code "E6084 Drive Hardware Error-Servo or Sensor.." with a Storagtek tape-library. The error message was gone when i cleaned the tape drives.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back