Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E4109 Unable to add session record

Status
Not open for further replies.

s3rp3nt1n3

Technical User
Oct 6, 2005
GB
Thanks for any help!

BAB 9.0 (build 1868) - Windows 2000 Server

---------------------------------------------------------
E4109 Unable to add session record. (ec=** available disk space below minimum threshold [-900] (runtime\filenew.c:44-runtime\filenew.c:44))

W3502 Unable to add session to databased. (ec=-900)

W3407 Unable to write file. (file=c:\arcserveit\temp\c399f.cat, ec=dissk full)
---------------------------------------------------------

There is not much space on the C:\ remaining (approx 50MB).
Is there any way I can point these files to be written to another drive or will it be an uninstall and reinstall to a different drive?
Will this error affect my backup at all, in other words would a restore still work?
I'm hoping to replace this server in the next couple of months anyway.

Well your db is more than likely corrupt now anyway, so you should start off a new. But the quick answer is to uninstall and reinstall to a drive with more space - this is the only way CA support it.

If you're using a rotation then your media available for reuse will more than likely get screwed up because it will be out of sync.

You would have to uninstall and reinstall the software in a different drive

However you could take a copy of the DATABASE folder and the *.QSD folder under x:\Program files\CA\Brightstor Arcserve Backup before doing an uninstall.

Then do the following

1) Uninstall and reinstall the product on a different drive
2) Stop all arcserve services
3) Rename the DATABASE folder and *.QSD folder to
something else under x:\Program Files\Brightstor
Arcserve Backup
4) Copy the Old DATABASE and *.QSD to the above location
5) Start all the arcserve services.

** The above would work if your Database is not already corrupt.

To see if your database is corrupt you can run the Database maintainance as per the below doccument. IF it comes up with errors, just do a clean install on a different drive and start a fresh.

By starting afresh you would have to recreate your media pools if you are using them and also do a merge on your tape before you do a restore.

Thanks for your replies. Your input is very much appreciated. I will give this a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back