Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E4102 and ASTPDAT.300

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR4G0L3N

IS-IT--Management
Mar 20, 2001
CA
Has anyone come across this error in their Activity Log:

E4120: Unable to open database.(DATABASE-astpdat, EC=**unable to locate files=s [-46] (Runtime\DBD.C:406 - RUNTIME\DBD.C:406) - C:\Program Files\Computer Associates\Brightstor\EB\Database\astpsdat.300

I have checked in the database directory and the file is there. And there were a large number of 0k files labeled astpsdat.001, 002,003, etc...

The install is BS (Arcserve v10), build 1400 (SP4) on W2k Advanced Server. The maintenance script runs clean and reports no errors on the db's.

The backup jobs run, but the catalog isn't processed into the VLDB. I have adjusted the settings in the velocis.ini and repeatedly cleared the R..X.chg files, etc... then and the *.CAT files from the ..\temp folder, but it will only import the data using the Merge utility.

The only information I have been able to find from CA is to deinstall & reinstall. The install is on a production file server so reboot oportunities are few and far between.

Any useful suggestions if you have seen the error would be appreciated. There has to be a way to tell the database engine to process the data sitting in the temp folder other than reinstalling the application.

Thanks.

D.

I would try initializing the database. It appears there is some corruption dbcheck is not detecting, in which case keybuild or dbfix would not help. We have been running the same version for 1 year now and experience occasional db corruption. Most of the time it is fixed with the utilities. Last resort would be reinstall. I don't believe a restart is needed to reinstall BS EB. In any case, reinstall takes less than 5 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back