Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E4101 Error Code -2005 - Arcserve 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

eellis

IS-IT--Management
Nov 14, 2001
CA
We are running Arcserve 2000 - Version 7.0 build 1086.

Now encountering error 4101 with EC=-2005

Unable to logon to data base engine

Any ideas !!!!!

I am getting the same thing, I reinitiallized the database and now it shuts the datbase down at the end of the job and complains that it can't talk tothe database

When we attempted to restore via session NO tapes were found

Installed on a windows 2000 server SP1-
Attempted dbcheck on astopen database - result was it blue screened the server and rebooted.

After the reboot - we can now see the tapes - but no data found - now must attempt merge utiliy.

What build loevel are you on? we are at Build 1086?

I just got off the phone with CA for abotu 3 hours, they lead me through everything. I thought I may have had a corrupt database so I reinitailized but the reinitalize program doesn't always work.

They had me delete my temp directory in Archserve and any R*.* files in the database directory. They said more than 3 R*.* files is an indication of a corrupt database.

I have almost 2GB of these things in my directory and CA never through an error.

After I did this they had me reinitialize the database and now everything seems to be working correctly.

I will spend the rest of the day setting up my jobs and merging my tapes but it is running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back