Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E3717 and E3842 errors - unable to restore file/folder ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmcseccna

IS-IT--Management
Apr 30, 2002
US
This is odd. Everytime I attempt to restore files from a specific folder, the restore fails with the following...

E6300 Windows NT SCSI PORT error...
E3717 Unable to goto cluster. (CLUSTER=6532871, EC=No Data Detected)
e3842 Unable to find file (......)

I'm using an Overland LoaderXpress LTO drive, Adaptec 29160 LVD, and Arcserve 2000 SP4+.

Any thoughts?

Everything else restores except that particular folder. Checked security firmware of scsi, drive, sp's etc.

Having the same error messages trying to do restores on ArcServe2000, using SDLT Hardware, Windows2000.

If the Directory or file is towards the end of the backup tape - This going to be the firmware of the Backup device -

Upgrade the firmware to the latest version

I am having the same problems. I have updated the bios/firmware on my server and tape drives. I have also loaded sp1 for Arcserve 11.1 I have also tried several different tapes drives and servers and have still not found a fix. Don't bother calling CA, their tech support seems to be pretty useless. Good luck guys. I will post a fix if I find one.

Wow, this is an old thread.

I finally gave up on Arcserve and in 2004 switched to Veritas Backup Exec. Since then I've had no problems. It's unfortunate to hear that CA still has the same problem with A11. And yes I agree, CA's support is one of the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back