Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E3555 All licenses for Windows Client Agent used up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

silentbobnl

IS-IT--Management
Jul 5, 2007
NL
Hello,

I’ am getting the following error on Brightstor v12:
"E3555 All licenses for Windows Client Agent used up on ARCserve server <servername>. Please get new licenses for Windows Client Agent for machine <servername>".

When I look on support-connect the following solution is given:
"Ensure that you have obtained and installed the appropriate client agent licenses on the CA ARCserve 12 server. Current license information can be viewed and managed on the CA ARCserve 12 primary server by using the links "Add/View Licenses..." and "Manage Licenses..." in the Server Admin".

When I look at Manage Licenses all the servers have a Windows Client Agent licenses.

I've been getting the same message - what I've decyphered from CA is that all the client licenses need to be added to the primary server (including any older client licenses like v11.5 that you're still using).

When you look at "Manage Licenses" I think it shows all servers that are using the client, not just the ones that are licensed.

Try that-

what I have found with this POS software is that you have to copy your license file to very PC and server in order for it to work properly. This includes if you use their deployment tool. The license file "ca.olf" is located in
C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\CA_LIC

Make sure all license are installed on your main backup server. then copy that file from your main backup server to all your clients and servers. make sure you have any old license in there so any legacey products will still work.

I wrote a script that reads all of my PC's and server names from a text file and copies it to the correct location.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back