Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

e3406 Sharing Violation - Arcserve 6.61 for Win2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Arcserve server spec:
Windows 2000 Advanced Server servicepack 2
ArcserveIT 6.61 Build 897 (Dell supplied, referred to as Arcserve 6.61 for Windows 2000).

Error:
When backup up files from a cluster-share (WinNT4 cluster):
E3406 Unable to read file. (FILE=\\CLUSTER\DATA\directory, EC=SHARING VIOLATION)

All other servers in our domain, both shares and client agents are backed up as normal.

Any suggestions? Are there any patches for my build, or maybe I need Arcserve2000 (v7)?

It looks like the file you are trying to back-up is in use by another application or user. i.e. Sharing Violation
Can you confirm the open file handles in server manager ? Do you use the Open Files Agent ? Is this random or is it something you can reproduce ? It really doesn't pay to spend an inordinate amount of time trying to find a resolution. The chances that CA will produce a patch to fix any problem with AS 6.x is highly unlikely. Anyway, Arcserve 2000 was designed to work seamlessly with the advanced file system and OS capabilities of Windows 2000 AS. In the event you decide to shop for an upgrade, check with us before you buy.
Cheers.
James.Horvath@truedatasan.com
True Data Storage Networks., Inc.
CA Storage Solutions Provider
StorageTek Authorized Dealer

I get this error on 35 000 files, I'm pretty shure not all of them are in use by other applications :)

This error didn't occur when we used an old NT box as backup server.

For now its solved by running backup agent on one of the cluster-nodes, but this forces us to run all disk-resources on this node.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back