Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E3123 Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

wandererII

IS-IT--Management
Feb 14, 2001
US
I have Brightstor V9 for windows with Netware Client Agent Version 9

The client software runs great on 2 of my 4 servers, but I get the following error on the other 2

E3123 failed to login to TSA on server (servername) fffeffff

Technical support first suggested I delete the TSA directory and allow it to be recreated.... didn't work

Then I recreated SMS objects and it did not work either.

I am using full NDS naming conventions in the login. The servers are all in the same context.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I had this problem when I specified a server name in Arcserv that was different from the actual server name (i.e. I put "ARGYLE" when it should have been "ABC_ARGYLE")

Check rights for the account and re-add if needed.
You need full rights to the server and volume objects
Check (and remove if needed) station and time restrictions
Generally logins seem to be ok with dotted name format as long as there's a dot in front of the name.

Open up the job in ASMGR and check that the correct account is being used. I've seen this swap back to the wrong accounts for a given context. No idea why. Check and re-input the password for each user ID within each cx.

Caveat: Is this one backup user or several separate ones in different containers?

XREF/Check TSA NLM versions and CLIB versions across servers. If using IPX then ensure no SAP packets are getting filtered.

There's a list of errors on support.novell.com somewhere.TID 10055360 as I recall. FFFE* indicates a remote SMDR error of some sort.

Regards

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back