Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E2T Comms Error - Calls Drop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volguy7

Technical User
Dec 30, 2002
US
Maintenance console shows E2T Comms error following a reboot. Additionally, any calls from IP to TDM connect to dead air and then are dropped. I'm sure the solution is to replace the E2T, but has anyone experienced this and is there something else I could try? The DHCP Static IP form shows the E2T with a static IP in the subnet og my switch.

System is 3300 LX, Rls. 7 (Yes, I know, outdated).

///////
| 0 0 |
----0000---0000------------------------

You can't fix stupid, you can only work around it.

Is the E2T card getting it's IP Address?

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Yes. At least it's shown in DHCP Static IP. Is there a better place to check?

Also, there are a number of errors in the software log relating to the e2T, but here is one:

Log Type: Software
Log Number: 3599
Severity: Warning
Date: 2012/Feb/27
Time: 10:24:00
Source: E2tProxySp
Description: Unexpected Result->E2tProxySp::processRequest Communications with E2T Gateway is DOWN, request refused
Module: E2tProxySp
File Name and Line Number: E2tProxySp.cpp;4155

AND

Log Type: Software
Log Number: 3600
Severity: Error
Date: 2012/Feb/27
Time: 10:24:00
Source: RSC
Description: Unexpected Result Initiate() - Task RscE2t GET_T2E request rejected by E2T SP
Module: RSC
File Name and Line Number: E2TTransaction.cpp;260

///////
| 0 0 |

Let me ask this question. I have an unused MXe, fully configured. can I use the E2T on that controller to do the Ip->TDM for the 3300 LX? In other words, can I specify an E2T that's not at another IP and not installed in the local 3300?

///////
| 0 0 |

No you can not. Only does E2T for the local controller.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Man, I screwed up the post above. I meant to say "can I specify an E2T that's at another IP and not installed in the local 3300?", but it sounds like I can't. So I cannot specify a remote E2T?

///////
| 0 0 |

You could also check the IP assigned to the E2T card via telnet or directly with a special cable plugged into the port on the bottom. Think the E2T is something like RTC IP address but with port 2007.

Are calls from TDM to TDM fine and IP to IP devices fine? Do the sets ring and only drop the call on answer?

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

I haven't checked TDM to TDM, but IP to IP is fine.

///////
| 0 0 |

One more question. Can the RTC/E2T (part number 50005087) be used in either an LX or MXe? If not, does anyone know the part number for the LX?

///////
| 0 0 |

We have a Mitel 3300 that we acquired from ebay for lab use. It has 4 T1 PRIs. We have connected to a system which works for T1 PRI connectivity (verified with another system). A Mitel phone is connected and able to make an outgoing calls. However, once the remote side rings, the Mitel phone disconnects with a fast busy. Even a ring back is not heard on the Mitel Phone.

Can some one advise on what to check and look for? Appreciate it.

InnoTest start you own thread.

Volguy7 the LX doesn't have a E2T card that can be replaced. You have to replace the LX controller as its considered one part.

Yep, figured that out and that's what I get to do this weekend. I just find it hard to believe that no one at Mitel, my reseller or on the internet has seen this error and knows how to fix it. The ESM software log is full of highly specific errors regarding this issue. The advice I continually get is to just scrap it and replace it. Ah well, that's life.

Thanks everyone.

///////
| 0 0 |

I have always found the best way to assign an IP to the E2T is do it manually and not to use DHCP. That said don't think it is the problem. Has this only started since a reboot? If so have you done a second reboot.

I have done it manually, but through the ESM. This happened following a reboot and has had multiple reboots since. As s shot in the dark since I have seen no documentation on which hardware component actually handles E2T, I replaced 2 DSP's and the EC unit. The assumption was based on a small blurb in the tech guide that those components hand E2T functions. Didn't work.

///////
| 0 0 |

I have used an E2T card from another LX controller. Not a recommended fix unless you are desperate. Get a refurbed LX.

NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED!

That's just it, for the LX700 there is no mention in any guide of a separate E2T card. I'm moving to a spare MxE though, so it won't matter in 2 days.

///////
| 0 0 |

Volguy7, the LX by definition had an E2T card. If memory serves, both the RTC and E2T cards are mounted to the underside of the mainboard.

The first log simply means that the E2T Proxy (code running on the RTC card) can't talk to the E2T card. As others have mentioned, this is usually related to the IP address configuration. What address does the RTC card 'think' that the E2T is at?

The second log (that repeats) will come up any time an E2T resource is requested in the system. A result of the first log.

I couldn't find anyone who sold those components, and Mitel doesn't list them as FRU's. Maybe after I've moved to the Mxe I'll take a look at that component. Thanks.

///////
| 0 0 |

They are not fconsidered field replaceable even though they are modules on the main board. Therefore you will not see apart number listed. You have to do the LX controller.

Even the newest MXe controllers only have the ability to change the expanded E2T. The primary E2T for 64 channels is still part of the main board and would require a controller swap.

Check IrwinMFletchers post re your problem. What does the E2T itself say is its IP? Don't use the ESM use either telnet or hook up the serial to PS2 type cable to the port on the bottom of the LX.

I've attemped to telnet to the E2T using it's IP and both 2002 and 2007 as the port, both in RAW mode and Telnet, neither connects.

///////
| 0 0 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back