Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E2k to E2k, That is the question.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

View3D

IS-IT--Management
Nov 20, 2002
US
Is there an efficient way to move mailboxes between different Forests/Domains (E2k to E2k)?

I have successfully migrated several 5.5 Orgs to 2k and feel comfortable with this process. I am now faced with a forest/domain that is going away and the customer is moving to a new domain. I have deployed a new Forest and a new Domain and have trusts between the old and the new. I have played with ADMT in migrating the old groups and users to the new Domain. All seems to work great. Now comes the existing mail in the old Domain. Exmerge will cause the new Domain to become bigger than I would like due to file associations. Is there a proficient way to move mail to the new Domain? Thanks.........

p.s. Now problem at this time if I need to rebuild. Soon, it will become a problem......

Hi, why not backup IS and restore it to the new domain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back