Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E2K move to server good, OWA now bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBruyet

IS-IT--Management
Apr 6, 2001
US
Hey all,

Exchange was successfully moved to a new file server. I'm currently running both servers to make sure all settings get transferred (per my tech). The new Exchange works great, but OWA seems to have a problem. When anyone tries to use OWA they get prompted for Username and Password, but when then enter their Username and Password and hit enter they get prompted for Username and Password again. This happens three times then they get the Access Denied error. I've tried it myself and I get the same result. I can't find anything pertaining to this problem on the MS site or Google. Any ideas on how I can get OWA to work on the new server?

Thanks,

Joe Brouillette

Hi!
Which server are you trying to connect through OWA - the new or the old exchange server?
If you do not have the right to logon locallt to the exchange server with OWA you'll have the problem that you describe.

NetoMeter

forum.gif
NetoMeter

If your OWA server is not setup for it, you'll need to make sure the users are putting in domain\username before their password.

Otherwise, OWA may think you're trying to log in locally

Hey Shipmate, that's what they're having to do. My previous Exchange server didn't require my users to put in the domain name. What change do I have to make to my current Exchange server in order to get OWA to "assume" the domain name when my users are logging in?

Thanks,

Joe Brouillette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back