Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E2000 or 2003?

Status
Not open for further replies.

autowah

IS-IT--Management
Sep 30, 2003
SE
My company has one AD with four Exchnage 5.5 sites today. The migration to Exchange 2000 has started in one site four months ago, but they have problems. Is it a good idea to go for Exchange 2003 in next site, or should we stay on Exchange 2000 until all 5.5 are upgraded? The main reason for Exchange 2000 migration was an old license.

If you have still got the choice, go directly to 2003.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]
How Do I Get Great Answers To my Tek-Tips Questions? See faq219-2884

Yes, I have the choice to go right to 2003, and I prefer 2003. But I'm afraid to make things more complicated, with the mix 5.5/2000/2003 and one more forestprep/domainprep. The ADC-connector is in another site, and that department want's E2000 now, not 2003.

Why not consider to make the 2000 a 2003 as well, since there are problems anyway?

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]
How Do I Get Great Answers To my Tek-Tips Questions? See faq219-2884

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back