Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E1 PRI Configurations on SV8300 and LCR 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnyamukondiwa

Technical User
Nov 11, 2014
ZW
Good Day,
1.I am seeking your urgent assistance with regards to the configurations of PRI. I have set the configs using the PcPro Add-on tool and the configs came out ok on the script.
My challenge is that the service provider is saying that the D-Channel is not coming up
Attached is my system backup and the Script config file.
2.I have configured the LCR using the cheatsheet I got on nectechelp.
The Area has the only codes to dial

1= short code dialing to service provider, digit length=03
2= mobible dialing ,digit length=07
4= Local dialling ,digit lenght=07
8= Toll free ,length =03
9= Emergency,length =03
00=international =length of 18
If someone can assist with an LCR or toll restriction for this i will be very thankful

The challenge is ,which command I should use to assign the day/night trunk toll restriction class.
I tried CMD-12 station class1.
I am getting confused between service restriction class and trunk restriction class
May you Please assist me as I am in the middle of an installation.
I am sorry for asking these type of questions
Kind regards,
Cleophas

Good day,
I forgot to attach the pabx backup.
May you please receive as attached.The system is still not fully configured yet still in progress.

Thanking you in advance

Regards,
Cleophas

You can check the config manually and if you don't have the ISDN manual, you can get away with using the IVS2 manual that can be found here.....

In the LCR programming you set the restriction level for the code in Command 8A5xxx and this is applied as per the table in Command 81xx. You then use command 1201 to set a two digit value to the extension the first digit being the day setting and the second digit is the night setting.

You set your digit lengths in command 85

We would need a lot more info to be able to assist with an example for you to try. What trunk route would you be using, is there just one or are there multiple routes? if there are multiple routes which order do you want to use them in and with which codes. You also need to know how they are prioritized, for example international for certain people only, next level down gets everything but international,then what is restricted as you move down the hierarchy.

I can't promise an answer but if I get time I may be able to point you in the right direction

Hi Ozzie,
Thanks for your response.
1.At the moment, I am able to make outside calls , but with no voice and there is led activity on the PRTA card and I can not receive calls yet. The Service provider is still working on the issue.

2.Regarding the LCR, I only have one route which is Route 10 for B-channel and Route 11 for D-channel
The Hierarchy will be like as follows.
There are no area codes,you dial all area within the country like a local number
1.Short codes to service providers=1 length 03
2.Allow local and no mobile=4 length 07
3.Mobile and local=2&4 length 07
4.Toll free=8 length 03
5.Emergency=911 length 03
6.International=00 length 18

I hope this info is adequate.

Thanking you in advance

Hi Ozzie,
I forgot to mention that the installation is for a hotel where check-in/check-out is required
Regards,
Cleophas

You seem to have misunderstood what I meant by hierarchy, you have classes of restriction so for example, class 1 can dial anywhere with no restriction. Class two can dial anywhere except international, class three may be anywhere but international and mobiles. You may have some phones at the bottom of the heirarchy that should only be able to dial emergency calls, you need to decide on these groupings.

As for check in/checkout, if you aren't using PMS, check the feature "Room Cutoff" which can be assigned to a key on your DSS consoles.

With regards your ISDN problem, your D channel must be up or signalling would not be working and you wouldn't be able to dial anyone. It sounds more like there is a mismatch in the B channel numbering to me.

Hi Ozzie,
Sorry to come back to you late.
I managed to get the PRI working now.
I still have the following challenges.

1. DID direct to extension is not working yet
2.CLI on outgoing to display the caller'extension number.e.g 4676 -223 last 3 digits being the extension number3. I am using 2 DT300 MLTs as Operators and I have configured virtual extension. Created UCD group for the Virtual extensions to ring to the operator of Keys for external and internal incoming.My problem now is when at night they want to forward the extension to the reception extension.

For the check in/check out i am using a middleware for CDRs and pms

Thanking you in advance.
Cleophas

Hi Ozzie,
Am sorry I missed the point on LCR.
The hierarchy is as follows.
1.Internal and emergency numbers only
2.Local only, no mobile
3.Local and mobile
4.International

Regards,
Cleophas.

Ok so you missed the boat by a few hours! I am now in Bali on holiday till Christmas day! So no manuals available to me so I can't check anything I tell you!

Are you sure you have the number of incoming digits set correctly? Off the too of my head I think it is command 3512 (can't check due to lack of reference material)! A trap for new players here is a setting of 0 = 1 digit a setting of 1 = 2 digits and so on.

Caller ID is covered by commands 1212, 1213 & 5005

Use command 76xx to redirect your main number in night mode!

Regarding LCR, more info is required. You say that local and mobiles start with the same digits, so how do we differentiate between the two? Is the second digit significant, or even the third? And if so what are the differences?

What is your outgoing access code set to in cmd 200 as that is the gateway into LCR!

I had written a basic LCR script but I now can't access that till late Christmas Day (on holiday in Bali) but it would need modification to cope with being able to distinguish between local and mobiles. Get back to me with how we do that.

for DID address check as following

CMD 1st Data 2nd Data Description
3518 rt 0 provide DID digit conversion
35170 rt 3 F - assign development table no. 0
3512 rt 3 assign no. of digit received - default 4 digit
3578 rt 1 number of digit to be converted to table no. 0 - all digit of DID will converted in CMD 76
7600 5700 000
7600 5701 001
7600 5702 002
7601 075 STN in day
7602 075 STN in night

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back