Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E1 connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nozy

Technical User
Jun 13, 2001
GB
Hi all.

How can I fine out if the G3 that I am using has a E1 conectivity ???.

If you do a 'list sig' , it will show all boards and their location.
If you do a 'status sig xx', it will give you the status
of the line.
A 'status trunk xx' will show you the activity of the group members.
I hope this is what you were looking for.

Rob

Cheers.

Tried this, got

grp no = 1
fas = y
trunk brds = 1
Prim Chan = 01a1616

I have an IVR that I want to plug-in how do I know which port I can plug it into behind the G3.

Nozy

Hi Nozy,

For a E1 connection you need a spare DS1 card installed. There are two jumpers on this card - for an E1, set the first jumper to 32 (32 Channel E1 as opposed to a 24 channel T1). The second jumper depends on the connection (i guess it will be rj45/cat5 on the ivr) - 125 Ohm for cat5 and 75 for coax. Next, after inserting the card you will need to connect an anthanol on the back of the switch. After that, all you need is an inliner to connect the 2 rj45s and to program the link.

Hope this helps,

Chris

Nozy,
getting back to your second question,
the first way I described you will show all configured boards, where you are actually looking for a spare/non used board.
I'd doubt if you'd have one unused in your switch, but to check; if you use DSA, the hardware manager shows all boards and their free ports.
If you don't have one spare, you'd have to get an extra one and configure it in the way Chris described

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back