Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E1 Config Issue!!! Pls Help!!! URGENT Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

c1sc0m4n

ISP
Sep 11, 2003
GB
Hi,

I have a C3725 Router, and a PRI 2CE1B Network Module (2 Port E1). I need to configure to make use of Multilink Frame Relay - and bundle both E1s together. But do I need a serial card as well - you can't specifiy Encap Frame on the actual Controller?? How are you supposed to link or bind the physical Serial port to the controller IYKWIM??

I have never configued E1 before.

Thanks

I have realised you actually specifiy the Serial Int under the Controller interface - but I have asked this question before - but can you bundle 2 number E1s together with Frame Relay Multilink? I have been reading and am sure you can do it. Has anyone done this before - can you give me example configs etc. Also does anyone know what IOS FR.16 (Multilink) needs - I have Version 12.2(8)T10 - and it seems not to work. Also does AT&T in the UK support Multilink Frame??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

I've always found sub-interfaces to be helpfu{
Router(config)#int S1.45
}
Since IOS 11.2 frame relay should auto sense LMI and encap type. Check with your provider to see what configs they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back