Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E0196 on Arcserve 9.01 and NW6.5 SP1

Status
Not open for further replies.

snorkel

MIS
Mar 26, 2002
US
Weird deal here. Arcserve running happily and then I get an E0007 "out of memory error". Shut down Arcserve and then restart it and get a E0196 "invalid license file" error. Any ideas? The license was good every other time Arcserve started. No new patches applied (Arcserve or Netware) and NDS and time is in sync. Confused about both the E0007 (server has 1.5GB of RAM) and the license error.

I know that this used to be quite a common fault in the earlier versions of Arcserve for Netware. I've not got much in the way of experience of Brightstor for Netware, but the following document was always considered the "holy grail" when this error appeared on earlier versions. Hopefully it'll be able to shed some light on your problem!

Iain

---

Problem Description:
After applying Novell NetWare Service Pack 8 or higher for NetWare 4.x, users receive error E0196 Invalid license file found.

Problem Resolution:
The introduction of NLS in service pack 8 has caused problems with some installs of ARCserve. When you have a mixed 5.x/4.x environment, the NLS extensions are in NDS and NLS is used on all servers. The requirement of using NLS is part of NDS and ARCserve has no control over its use.

To enable ARCserve to load successfully, Load setupnls.nlm at the console prompt. Then add the line "load nlslsp.nlm" to the Autoexec.ncf. Then shut down and restart the server.

Note: For additional information, see release notes from Novell's service pack 8.

Note: Please see Novell TID 10056641 for additional information or Novell's knowledge base on Installing NLS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back