Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E-trust Antivirus and XP SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 30, 2003
US
I am running AV 7.0.142 and having a number of problems on XP machines with SP2.

1) When I try to do the remote install I can verify installation target with the test login but when I start the install it fails with the following error - "RPC server is unavailable" (1722) - So in order to install I am running the setup file from the server itself.

2)On the admin server - administrator's view can discover all the PC's but am unable to Assign to a Branch - get "Access is denied" using the Administrator/password - Domain admin/password - gave the local user admin rights still not able to connect!

I have run the AVenable ports and Q058101. I have included in the domain group policy to exceptions for local Inoclt.exe and Inorpc.exe. I have tried turning off the SP2 firewall with no luck.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mitchellj

Mictchell,

I don't know if you solved your problems, but I had the same situation as you. Try installing the following CA fixes:

QO59177
QO64413

Andy.

Thanks Andy but those fixes are for version 7.1 Build 192 and I am running 7.0.142. I did find a fix for my #2 problem by editing the registry - MS article #870901 - not sure if this is the best route to go but for now it works!

Still working on #1 problem.

Mitchellj

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back