Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

e-Procurement systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Does anyone know where I can find research on average break even times for e-procurement systems (Oracle, Ariba). I am also looking for the average savings of indirect materials for these type of systems.
dave

Just join for free and then go to OTN and
the Applications Network all with the same password etc...
most of the info is available there.

What I have read typical break even times for e-procurement systems is 12-18 months. When doing ROI analysis make sure you include all costs that will go into the e-procurement system. The three primary costs will be the price of the e-procurement platform, the catalog management software and the price to integrate the system with the old hardware. The integration costs can sky rocket with e-business systems so be sure to get your hands around this cost. If you want to see where the benefits will come from with an e-procurement system there is a quick reference on I believe it is in the reflection section. Feel free to e-mail me if you have more questions on this subject.
Davy Waters
Davy.Waters@asu.edu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back