Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E-mail signature. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adminman

MIS
Nov 28, 2001
US
We would like to add a signature to each employees e-mail so that John Smith's name would be in his handwriting. I've tried the scan and paste approach and do not like the quality of the product. Is there any software or process that i can purchase to do this?

Thanks,

Adminman

It generally comes down to the DPI of the scanned image. We have used many scanned signatures and had great success. Software can only do so much, ultimately it comes down to hardware. If your scanner does not have the capability to scan at high resolutions, then the quality will be poor no matter what software you use.

Try a higher resolution setting on your scanner, then try, if available, a better scanner.

FuzziusNavus,

I completely forgot about res. I set it to 600 dpi and resolved the concern.

Thanks,

Adminman

GAK!!! if you are inserting a 600 DPI rez image in an email signature, you wasting bandwidth and probably annoying your recipients using dial-up.

I suspect that you may be resizing the image once it is inserted into the signature thereby diminishing the quality.

Might I suggest that you determine the size you want your signature to be, and using image software, reduce the 600 dpi image to a gif that size AFTER removing unwanted, no...un-needed, whitespace

Just remember...they're only ones and zero's you're playing with.
Fred

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back