Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E-mail not receiving from some domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuniflexy

MIS
Dec 29, 2004
IT
Hi All,

I had Exchange 2003 setting with internal and external domain, we now receive from some external domain yes and from other not, for example to the same recipient from domain.com receive and from domain.lu no.

Apparently all settings was OK, we have changed the MX record and the reverse name with our IP Public.

If i try to resolve the dns name the ip public is correct.

Have someone some suggestions for me?

How long ago was the MX record changed? Can take a long time for DNS changes to propagate out to all the DNS servers out there.

Neill

I have seen something similar.

It may be that your isp is filtering port 25 traffic from that subnet. For example: Roadrunner has thousands of people with .rr email. This usually indicates a home user not always but often. One of my clients could not receive email from them. Nothing on their side was filtering them out. I called the isp and they found out that they had blocked all of the normal "users" subnets from sending via port 25. This cuts down on the numbers of spam and viruses tremendously.

Hi guys,

I had resolve thanks to all.

The problem was produced to wrong certificate installed on the Exchange Server, this produce that when start the protect connection the certificate was not valide and close the connection.

SBS wizard have runned from my customer and produce this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back